On our winter low tides, King Reef is exposed and it is possible to walk out to explore this fascinating reef.
2022 Walk to the Reef Dates:
To be confirmed
What You Need to Know:
- This is a free self walk experience, there are no guided tours
- You will need to wear shoes – reef shoes work well. Crocs and thongs do not work!
- You will get wet! We walk out with the outgoing tide through thigh-deep water
- The walk to the reef is about 800m and takes 30 – 45 mins. This is not an easy stroll!
- Check the time of low tide before you depart and make sure you are walking back into the beach at low tide
- Do not be the last person out there!
- Be careful where you are walking – stick to the sandy areas and do not stand on the coral
- Leave only footprints and only bring back any plastic you find out there!
This is not an event organised by King Reef Resort but we are happy to assist with enquiries.